Beringer Associates Technology Blog
Benefits of IT Outsourcing
- Hiring an entire IT Department for significantly less than an internal resource
- Broad Skill Set –IT Service providers usually have a deep and broad skill set that will be difficult if not impossible to achieve in-house.
- Proactive and Preventative approach reduces problems saving money
- Best Practices – We employ best practices developed over 15 years to manage your IT infrastructure
- 24/7/365 Support – Total coverage that would be very costly to replicate in-house
- IT Service Management Tools – We utilize very high-end IT service management systems to support you including Help Desk ticketing, remote control systems for supporting users, IT asset management system, patch management system, and monitoring systems.
- Cost of Turnover – If you experience turnover in the IT position there is a cost associated not to mention the risk of having a single person possessing most if not all of the information about your IT environment.
- Vendor Relationships –Managed Services Providers maintain deep relationships with vendors such as Microsoft that will benefit your business.
Avoid Costs associated with an internal employee:
- Employee insurances
- Payroll taxes
- Health benefits
- 401k/403b compensation
- Training & Certification
- Lack of availability due to illness, vacation, personal time, etc.
The average fully loaded cost of a Network Administrator is $94,000:
On average the cost of outsourcing IT functions is less than half the cost of hiring an internal resource.
See this chart below:
|Benefit||Median Amount||Percentage of Total %|
|401K / 403b||$2578||2.7%|